Jesus declares, "I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18). The church is right at the center of the unfolding of God's grand redemptive plan! How do we stay on track with Christ's purpose and intent for his church?
Look to the Book of Nehemiah! Nehemiah is the story of the building of Jerusalem...and at the same time the story of the spiritual building up of the people of God. This spring semester we'll study the book of Nehemiah with an eye toward how God works to renew us and rebuild his church. Our prayer is that God would do this renewing work in us at TCBC.
- January 25 - Introduction to Nehemiah
- February 1 - Missions Sunday
- February 8 - Call to Rebuild - Nehemiah 1
- February 15 - Moved to Action - Nehemiah 2-3
- February 22 - Dealing with External Threats - Nehemiah 4
- March 1 - Dealing with Internal Threats - Nehemiah 5
- March 8 - Pressing Forward - Nehemiah 6
- March 15 - The Word Builds the People - Nehemiah 7-8
- March 22 - Owning and Confessing Sin - Nehemiah 9
- March 29 - Covenant Commitment - Nehemiah 10-11
- April 5 - Easter
- April 12 - Celebration and Gratitude - Nehemiah 12
- April 19 - Ongoing Rebuilding Issues - Nehemiah 13
- April 26 - Baptism Sunday
Use the reading plan below to help you reflect on sermon passages...and read other passages related to the sermon themes we'll cover.