Do you feel pressure to act like everything is "fine" in your life? But what if it's not? What if you're struggling with doubts or fears? What if you're reeling from relational breakdowns?
Where can we turn when the honest truth is that we're messed up?
The gospel of Jesus Christ is all about grace, and the message of grace is, "It's okay to not be okay." Jesus meets us in our messiness and encourages us to be honest about our struggles. His design for his church is not for us to pretend like we have it all together, but to be real with one another about our need for grace.
We all need to experience the gospel of grace!
- October 12 - "I have doubts" (Matthew 11:1-19)
- October 19 - "I have fears" (Psalm 56)
- October 26 - Orphan Sunday
- November 2 - "I have broken relationships" (Philemon; Colossians 3:12-14)
- November 9 - "I feel weak" (2 Corinthians 4:7-18)
- November 16 - Baptisms
- November 23 - "My life feels like a mess" (Psalm 69)
Use the reading plan (link is below) to reflect on the gracious and powerful work of Christ through "messed up" people in the Gospel of Luke.