The King is born! In Advent we celebrate the birth of Jesus as the arrival of our King...and He is no ordinary king! Through the words of Isaiah's prophecy, we learn that the child to be born "shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6-7). Using other passages from Isaiah, we'll explore what these names tell us about Jesus and his reign as King in our lives.
- November 30 - The Caring King (Everlasting Father) - Isaiah 42:1-9
- December 7 - The Wise King (Wonderful Counselor) - Isaian 11:1-9
- December 14 - The Powerful King (Mighty God) - Isaiah 40:1-11
- December 21 - The King Who Brings Peace (Prince of Peace) - Isaiah 52:13-53:6 combined at Lincoln
- December 24 - The King Arrives - Matthew 2:1-2 combined at Lincoln
Use the reading plan (link is below) to reflect on the character and work of Christ our King through readings from the Old and New Testaments.