Draw Near: Prayers of the Bible
For our summer sermon series, we'll look at a number of prayers in the Bible. One of our goals is to grow in a core exercise of our faith: prayer. More foundationally, though, our desire is to draw closer to the God to whom these people in the Bible prayed and who responded to their prayers. This same God invites us to draw near to him today!
We'll follow the order of John White's classic "Daring to Draw Near" and structure the series around various people and their prayers. We encourage you to read the corresponding chapters of "Daring to Draw Near" each week, benefiting from White's insight as we reflect on these prayers.
- May 25: Abraham (Genesis 18)
- June 1: Jacob (Genesis 32)
- June 8: Moses (Exodus 32 & 33)
- June 15: David (Psalm 51)
- June 22: Daniel (Daniel 9)
- June 29: Hannah (1 Samuel 1)
- July 6: Job (Job 38, 40, 42)
- July 13: David (2 Samuel 6)
- July 20: Elijah (1 Kings 19)
- July 27: Paul (Ephesians 1)
- August 3: Paul (Ephesians 3)
- August 10: Jesus (Matthew 26 & 27)
- August 17: Early Believers (Acts 4)