Volunteer with TCBC's Children's Ministry
Thanks for showing interest in the Children's Ministry at TCBC! We have a great time on Sunday morning teaching kids about Jesus and laying the foundations for their faith. It takes many hands doing a variety of tasks to provide a safe, welcoming, attractive environment for ministry to kids. Our vision is to effectively teach the word of God so children will come to know Jesus Christ and want to serve Him.
VOLUNTEER SCREENING PROCESS
Our desire is for our Children's Ministry programs to be characterized by excellence and integrity. We have been blessed with volunteers who love God and have a deep desire to help children and youth follow in His way. However, the realities of our society have brought about the necessity to have a protection plan and policy and a screening process for all volunteers who work with minors (ages birth-18). This is designed not only to protect the children and youth, but also to protect the workers against any false accusations. We realize that only God can protect us and yet He has called us to be very careful with all He has entrusted to us. To this end we require our volunteers to complete the following process:
- Complete an application form. You may download the application form or get one from the Minister of Christian Education.
- Participate in a personal interview with the Minister of Christian Education. Download, print and fill out the application form and bring the completed application to the interview. Schedule an interview by filling out a contact form.
- We will check the references you provide on the application.
- A background check through the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) will also be done. A permission form will be provided during your personal interview.
As a Children's Ministry Volunteer, here are some of the possible positions you may want to consider:
Midtown - Lead teacher and assistants, preschool and early grade school
Leader - Volunteers for Infant and Toddler
- Classroom assistants for other ages also
- Infant and toddler childcare
- Lead Teachers
- Classroom aides for preschoolers
- Special friends for special kids - see Faithful Friends
- Small group leaders for PreK-5th grade
- Administrative assistants for large group teachers
- Set design and construction for large group teaching times
- Tech support for large group teaching times & worship
If you are interested in learning more about these positions, Minister of Christian Education Kay Miller would love to meet you and tell you more about these ministry opportunities. (Also, you can learn about specific classrooms by checking out the Children Ministry pages.)
Thank you for your interest.